Applications for Master's Level Graduate College Scholarships submitted online February 1 - March 1, 2013 for scholarships to be awarded by the Graduate College for Fall 2013 and Spring 2014 will be reviewed and rated by the faculty and they will make their recommendations to the Dean of the Graduate College. Recipients will be notified by the Graduate College.
Scholarship manager link:
Students will be prompted to create an account. Applicants will need to supply a username, password, and email. This information will be needed it each for each log in.
After login two applications will be available, one application for Masters and a different application for Doctoral students. Be sure to apply for the correct scholarship.
Tips for Completing the Graduate Scholarship Application for Master's Students
The online application will time out after 45 minutes. Please save if you need to quit working on the application for a period of time. If you fail to save your work will be lost.
Prepare the following documents off line and have them available on your computer to copy and paste information into your application.
- A current resume, including name, address, email address, education (degree(s) or special certifications), professional experience, scholarship activity-awards, special recognitions, publications, presentations, community service(s), and other information pertinent to your major.
- An essay expressing your career objectives and reasons for selecting your graduate major (maximum 1200 words).
- Names and email addresses of three professional individuals familiar with your academic background and ability (including two letters from professors) who are willing to provide references for you. An automatic request for reference will be generated and sent to these individuals and they will submit their responses on an electronic form. Please let your references know to expect an e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate College Scholarship applicants must have been admitted to a Texas State master's or doctoral program or admission file must be complete.
Eligibility Requirements for first time students:
- Applicants with less than 12 graduate hours: must have a 3.5 GPA on the last 60 hours of course work leading to their first bachelor's degree.
Eligibility Requirements for continuing graduate students:
- Applicants with 12 or more graduate hours: must have a 3.25 cumulative GPA on graduate coursework.
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- A student who does not enroll the semester of the award must inform the Graduate College in writing regarding enrollment plans for future semesters. Failure to enroll may affect award eligibility for future semesters.
- A student who drops a course and falls below the required 6 hours of enrollment must inform the Graduate College in writing. The Graduate College will send notification of reimbursement procedures and eligibility for future semesters.
- A student in his or her final semester must contact the Graduate College in writing to request approval from the Graduate Dean to enroll in fewer than the required 6 hours. If an enrollment of less than six graduate hours is approved, an adjustment will be made to the award amount.
- Students must reapply for Graduate College Scholarships each academic year.
Access online Graduate Scholarship application
Be sure you have read all requirements thoroughly before accessing the online application.
Click "Access Application" to go to online application. (Link will be be active February 1 - March 1, 2013)
Access Application (link live only February 1 - March 1, 2013, 5:00 pm.)