Program Requirements and Application
In addition to the general requirements for admission to the Texas State Graduate College, the special education program requires students who seek a master’s degree to have a minimum GPA of 2.75 on the last 60 hours of undergraduate course work leading to a bachelor’s degree and a preferred GRE score of 900 (verbal and quantitative combined).
Interested individuals should submit the following to the Graduate College:
- One official transcript from each college or university attended, including community colleges
- An online application through ApplyTexas
- Official results of the verbal/quantitative GRE (NOTE: Effective fall, 2018, the Special Education graduate program will no longer require the GRE for admission)
- One-to two-page letter of intent stating career goals
- Copies of transcripts
- Copies of certifications or licensures
- Two letters of recommendation from persons familiar with professional work, including at least one supervisor
Visit the Graduate College for more information, an online application, and deadlines.