Undergraduate Degree Programs Offered
- BS, major in Interdisciplinary Studies (EC-6 ESL)
- B.S. major in Interdisciplinary Studies (EC-6 Bilingual)
- BS, major in Interdisciplinary Studies (Grades 4-8)
- BS, major in Interdisciplinary Studies (All-Level Special Education)
- Secondary Education
- Special Education
Secondary Education. Students who seek secondary certification (8-12) or all-level certification (1-12) follow the curriculum outlined by the department of their major. These students take 24 credit hours of preparation courses offered by the Department of Curriculum and Instruction.
- CI 3325
- CI 4332
- CI 4343
- CI 4370
- RDG 3323
- EDST 4680
The College of Education Undergraduate Advising Center is a student-centered, collaborative resource for undergraduate students seeking an undergraduate degree through the College of Education. As an integral part of teaching and learning at Texas State, academic advisors in the Undergraduate Advising Center cultivate student success by engaging students in educational planning to promote academic, personal, and professional development while considering diverse interests, abilities, and goals. Services available for students include, but are not limited to:
• exploration of career and educational goals;
• assistance with selection of educational programs;
• interpretation of policies and procedures;
• information on course sequencing and degree requirements;
• referral to other university resources; and
• verification of graduation requirements.
Ultimately, the academic advisors in the College of Education Advising Center strive to develop a guidance and support system to encourage student self-reliance, responsibility, and success in achieving academic goals.