1. Spring 2018 CI Block Applications are now closed.
2. If you haven’t already applied to the Educator Preparation Program, you will need to submit an application through the Office of Educator Preparation website and be accepted PRIOR to receiving approval for our blocked courses. (A direct link to the application can be found HERE).
3. Students will be notified of placement via email as soon as the process has been completed. Applicants will be notified via your txstate email account. Calling or emailing our office to check on the status of your application will impede the process. We appreciate your patience.
4. BEFORE attempting to apply for the C&I Block courses, you'll need to determine which block that you need to sign up for. Click the appropriate link(s) below for the block(s) that relate to your concentration. (NOTE: Students should not submit duplicate applications)
- Non Field-Based Blocks
- Field-Based Blocks
5. AFTER you have chosen your desired block(s) from the links above, you are now ready to apply.
How to submit the Application:
- Log into the ePortfolio system by navigating to http://eportfolio.txstate.edu and entering your Texas State Net ID and password
- Once you have logged into ePortfolio, click on the [Applications] tab at the top of the screen.
- From the Applications tab, click [Create] from the Applications menu on the left.
- From the Select Application drop-down menu, choose the appropriate block application you would like to submit.
- Fill out all appropriate fields in the application and click [Submit] at the bottom of the screen to submit your application.(Note: You may also click [Save Draft] to save your application and return to it later or click [Discard Changes] to exit the application without saving any changes).
6. C&I Block applications will all stay at a status of "tentative" unless denied.
**** NOTE: TB Test for Field-Based Block
Some of the school districts may require documentation of a current TB test before entering the classroom. Please check with the district your assigned school is in, or contact your instructor for more information.
The Student Health Center provides a special outreach program for education students. For more information on tuberculosis, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website: http://www.cdc.gov/nchstp/tb/faqs/qa.htm