Apply to the Educator Preparation Program
When to Apply
- Undergraduate Students must apply to the Educator Preparation Program when they have met the requirements or will meet the requirements by the beginning of the semester for which they are applying (generally this means the spring or fall just prior to Field Based Blocks). See your degree audit and click here to determine if you meet (or will meet) the Admittance requirements.
- Post-baccalaureate and Graduate Students must apply immediately after being accepted to the Graduate College.
How to Apply
- Watch the How-to-Apply Video
- Click here to apply (Log in with your netID credentials)
- Allow up to 10 business days (2 weeks) for your application to be processed
- When you receive an Offer of Admittance, follow the instructions to accept the Offer:
- set up your TEA Educator Account (click here),
- accept the Offer in the application tool, and
- pay the non-refundable TEA Technology Fee.
When you have Red X's
Red X's on your application status page indicate that you have some missing requirements or courses in-progress. This is completely normal.
However, if you notice Red X's for requirements you already meet, check the Status Reason for notes about approved overrides and/or exceptions (for example, "C in COMM interview complete," or "Course substitute approved").
If you do not see notes about overrides or exceptions, email the Office of Educator Preparation with your name, Student ID# (Axxxxxxxx) and any documentation to show that you have met the missing requirement. Allow 10 business days (2 weeks) for application updates and check your Texas State email regularly.