Facts about your Standard Texas Teaching Certificate Fall 2013
(1) During the week of October 15, a "letter of intent" was emailed to your Texas State email address for use when applying for teaching positions.
This is not a guarantee that you will be hired, but it explains that you are in our teacher certification program at Texas State University. Please be sure that our office has your Texas State email address.
(2) Instructions on applying for your Texas Teacher Certificate were emailed only to your Texas State email at that time as well. To expedite the certification process, please follow these Certification Application submission dates:
(3) Candidates who have completed Student Teaching and have passed all the required certification tests may apply for certification starting December 16, 2013.
(4) Fall 2013 recommendations will be made as follows:
(4) You will only be certified in the area of your initial certification.
*Recommendations are processed individually for each student and depending on the number of applicants on the waitlist, your wait time can be up to 4 weeks. You will receive an email from TEA indicating you have been recommended for certification after your recommendation is processed.
(5) Requirements for certification:
1. To apply for your certification, CLICK HERE and follow the instructions below.(TEA has updated their System. Please use the instructions below to set up your TEAL account.)
2. Login using your previously created username and password. When you log in to TEAL, you will see an educator link in the center of the page. Click on it to continue.
3.Verify your personal information, click continue.
4.Click on the Applications tab and select Standard Texas Certificate Program, and follow the instructions.
5. The entity you will select is, Texas State University-San Marcos University Based.
6. Pay the $77 fee for the standard certificate, preferably online.
7. State Law requires all teachers to complete a national FBI fingerprint background check.
Request a fingerprint packet and pay the fingerprinting fee of $47.