2018 Mariel M. Muir Excellence in Mentoring Award
Due by Wednesday, January 31, 2018
Award amount: $2,500
The Mariel M. Muir Excellence in Mentoring Award honors one faculty member and one staff member for their dedication to mentoring students, faculty, or staff. Each honoree is recognized at a luncheon and receives $2,500.
The award will be based on the following demonstrated criteria:
- critical support that assists the mentee(s) in functioning effectively in the organization;
- sustained commitment to a professional relationship with an individual or individuals that results in career growth or the personal development of mentee(s); and
- behavior, attitudes, and/or skills that aid mentee(s) in achieving competence, confidence, and professional standing.
Faculty nominations should be submitted to the dean of the nominee’s college by January 31, 2018.
Staff nominations should be submitted to the nominee’s director/department chair/dean by January 31, 2018.
Each nomination packet must include the following information:
- completed nomination form (click here to download)
- a letter of nomination and support which should include reasons for the nomination and the period during which the mentoring occurred
- a brief personal sketch/biography that describes the nominee’s mentoring activities and impact of those activities
- up to four additional letters of support from colleagues, co-workers, or students
More information about the nomination process, may be found in UPPS 04.04.36, http://www.txstate.edu/effective/upps/upps-04-04-36.html.