Vision, Mission, and Goals
The College of Education Undergraduate Advising Center, through shared responsibility, continued exploration, and professional advancement, will become a model of excellence in academic advising practice.
The College of Education Undergraduate Advising Center is dedicated to providing exceptional guidance and assistance with academic planning through a partnership with our students, faculty, and staff. We strive to encourage student self-reliance and responsibility, leading to the successful completion of an undergraduate degree.
Statement of Values
In pursuing our vision and in support of our mission, we are guided by a shared collection of values:
Responsibility imposes a sense of duty on advisors to provide accurate information and on students to make
educated decisions through the utilization of available resources. Through open dialogue, advisors and
students forge a partnership that empowers students to be self-directed.
Higher education exposes students to new ideas and opportunities, which can inspire them to explore their own
path toward academic and professional fulfillment. Advisors help facilitate this process through the promotion of
University involvement and identification of interests, abilities, and goals leading to self-discovery.
We aspire to advance the academic advising profession by developing and continuously improving programs
and services in response to the changing needs of our diverse student population. Using advances in
technology and research, the College of Education Undergraduate Advising Center will create and assess
groundbreaking practices while supporting professional development and promoting self-enrichment.
- Ease transition to the university experience
- Encourage student engagement for intellectual and personal growth
- Help students clarify their educational and career goals
- Assist students in developing and implementing an educational plan
- Teach students to use resources and relationships to maximize their educational and personal potential
- Help students understand the nature, purpose, and potential of higher education
- Promote continuous improvement of the advising process through ongoing assessment, development, and training