Skip to Content

Second Teaching Field in Health

NOTE: Effective Fall 2019, students can no longer newly declare this minor.
Current students already declared have until May 2022 to graduate or change to a different minor.

Declaring This Minor

Schedule an appointment with the Academic Advisor for your primary degree program.
If your major falls outside of the College of Education, you can discuss and declare your desired minor with an advisor in that other college.  To find your Academic Advisor, click here.

This is an option for students already seeking initial teacher certification within their major.

Degree Planning

NOTE:  The address below links to the current Undergraduate Catalog online.
Since this program is no longer an option in the current catalog, you'll need to follow the link below then select from the 'Previous Catalogs' tab listed there in addition to discussing your degree program requirements with an advisor.
Second Teaching Field in Health Education

Transfer Planning

NOTE:  This resource is intended to help you PLAN AHEAD, so be sure to reference the link below before taking transfer coursework whenever possible.

Students planning to earn college credit at another institution for eventual transfer to Texas State should refer to the Transfer Equivalency Guide to determine how that coursework would be evaluated by Admissions.

Minimum Requirements for Graduation

All Texas State students must meet the University's minimum Grade-Point Requirements for graduation, including a 2.5 Second Teaching Field GPA, if declared.


  • All coursework must be completed with grades of 'C' or higher 

Course Substitution Requests

You may request evaluation of a course taken previously or that you plan to take to confirm whether it is equivalent to a degree requirement in your second teaching field.

If approved, provide documentation of that approval to your advisor in order for the course substitution to be reflected on your Degree Audit.

Submit: Second Teaching Field in Health Substitution Request