Skip to Content

Minor in Recreation Administration

Declaring This Minor

Schedule an appointment with the Academic Advisor for your primary degree program.
If your major falls outside of the College of Education, you can discuss and declare your desired minor with an advisor in that other college.  To find your Academic Advisor, click here.

Degree Planning

NOTE:  The address below links to the current Undergraduate Catalog online.
If your catalog designation is older than the current catalog, you should select from the 'Previous Catalogs' option listed there, in addition to discussing your degree program requirements with an advisor.
Minor in Recreation Administration

Minimum Requirements for Graduation

All Texas State students must meet the University's minimum Grade-Point Requirements for graduation, including a 2.00 Minor GPA if declared.


Grades of 'C' or higher in the following courses are required prerequisites for progress in the minor:

  • REC 1310
  • REC 2335

Additional Opportunities

Join the Association of Recreation Enthusiasts.
A.R.E. is a welcoming and cohesive student organization where members can enjoy and participate in all forms of recreation while also focusing on professional development.  

Study Abroad

Summer 2019 Faculty-Led program in Melbourne, Australia and Dunedin, New Zealand
CRITERIA: Completion of REC 1310, 2330, and 2335 with a Texas State GPA of 2.5 or higher.

Participating REC majors and minors will design and implement an after-school program for school-aged children.  The trip will also include visits to cultural and scenic locations in and around Melbourne and Dunedin. 

TO APPLY:  Interested students must complete the following three steps in order to be considered for participation:


Schedule and attend an advising appointment to demonstrate how coursework offered on the trip fits into your long-range plan.


Submit the Study Abroad Pre-Approval Request Form beginning August 1, 2016, for initial review by the Recreation Administration faculty.


Complete the required online study abroad application for review by the University's Study Abroad Office between November 3, 2016 - February 10, 2017.

Course Substitution Requests

You may request evaluation of a course taken previously or that you plan to take to confirm whether it is equivalent to a degree requirement in your minor.

If approved, provide documentation of that approval to your advisor in order for the course substitution to be reflected on your Degree Audit.

Submit: Minor in Recreation Administration Substitution Request