Skip to Content

Independent Study/Internship/Practicum/Directed Research Process

IF you are interested in taking an Independent Study, Internship, Practicum, or Directed Research (required for students in the Ph.D. track), you must first consult with your advisor/chair. Following advisor approval, you may contact a faculty member within the program who has expertise with the focus/topic/method you intend to explore. You should ask this faculty member to supervise your work and request permission (from the program admin and the program director) to enroll in that faculty member's specific section of the course. You will be expected to develop, in consultation and with final approval of the supervising faculty member, a proposal of work to be undertaken toward successful completion of the course.