Carlton J. Fong, Ph.D.
Office: ASBN 401B
Dr. Carlton J. Fong is an Assistant Professor in the Graduate Program in Developmental Education within the Department of Curriculum and Instruction. He completed his Ph.D. and M.A. in Educational Psychology at The University of Texas at Austin and his B.A. in Cognitive Science from the University of California, Berkeley. He also finished a postdoctoral research fellowship in higher education and teaching development. Dr. Fong examines the motivational, psychological, and instructional factors that influence success, achievement, and persistence in postsecondary education, primarily using research synthesis and meta-analytic techniques.
- Psychosocial, motivational, and self-regulatory factors
- Meta-analysis and research synthesis
- Instructional strategies and feedback
- Community college students and developmental math
- Program evaluation and intervention effectiveness
- School-to-work transitions and post-secondary pathways