Star Student Teachers | Spring 2021
Student Teaching Placement Location: Lockhart ISD
Statement About Career Goals:
Throughout my educational history I leaned on my teachers to help support me through my dyslexia. Those teachers taught me the importance of building strong positive relationships with their students which would lift them to their full potential and even succeeding their best efforts. After years of receiving this support it inspired me to want to do the same for others, especially children. I strive to become a teacher whose goal will always be to create positive relationships with all students as I believe this will enable their success both personally and through their education. During this school year I was fortunate enough to be a part of the Texas State Residency program where I was able to experience working with the same class for a full year. I was blessed to be placed in a fourth-grade classroom full of diverse learners with a wonderful cooperating teacher and mentor. Being able to work with these students for a full year meant that I could experience seeing their growth firsthand from fall through Spring. This has inspired me, even more so than ever, to continue on my journey to reach and empower students as much as I can.
Student Teaching Placement Location: Hays CISD
Statement About Career Goals:
I have truly enjoyed my time at Texas State. The opportunities I have experienced here as a student have prepared me well. I have learned not only about studio art practices, and the pedagogy of art education; I learned about my limits and strengths as a person. I learned how to be a leader, how to think globally, and how to persevere in the face of adversity. As a non-traditional student I was able to experience college through a different lens, building relationships with students and professors, learning a variety of perspectives, and applying them to my educational journey. Altogether these opportunities have helped to make me a better teacher.
Being in a classroom and teaching this semester has cemented the fact that I am doing exactly what I am meant to be doing. I am on the right path and I can’t wait to continue my journey. I was overjoyed in teaching Elementary students. The excitement they have for learning, exploration and play fills my heart with joy. Middle school teaching has taught me that connection and relationship must come before all else. At both levels, I see students who want to be seen, valued, and appreciated as individuals. I witnessed teams of teachers, support staff and administration coming together to overcome the adversity and constant change that 2020-2021 has required. I want to be a part of those teams. I want to make a positive impact in the lives of students. I want to help children reach their full potential as students, as humans and as part of our community.
NEW: Science of Teaching Reading (293)
The Preparation Manual for Science of Teaching Reading (293) is now available on the Texas Educator Certification Examination Program website.
The preparation manual has general information including the following:
- The STR examination framework
- Approaches to answering different question types
- Sample selected-response questions
- In-depth rationales for correct and incorrect responses
- A sample constructed response question, including the video exhibit
- Sample strong and weak constructed-responses and rationales
- A list of preparation resources
For information about the STR exam, including related certificate requirements, content of the exam, and webinars and other support resources, visit the Texas Education Agency website
Fall 2021 Clinical Teachers
- Fall 2021 Teacher Job Fair Information 10.26.2021
- Fall 2021 ADD/DROP for EDST Course(s) 8.26.2021
- Fall 2021 Student Teaching Updates & Announcements 8.17.2021
- July Update: 7.6.21 Clinical Teaching
- June Update: 6.17.21 STUDENT TEACHERS
- June Update: 6.17.21 INTERNS
- May Update: 5.5.21 Clinical Teaching
- Fall 2021 Registration for Student Teaching 3.22.2021
- Fall 2021 Clinical Teaching Checklist Email 3.10.2021
Spring 2022 Clinical Teachers
- Spring 2022 Eligibility and Registration Information 10.15.2021
- Spring 2022 Welcome and Checklist 9.22.2021
Post Bacc Internship Option: