Skip to Content

Step 6: Register for Student Teaching Courses

Clinical Teaching

Step 6: Register for Clinical Teaching Courses (EDST)

Expand All Content
  • EDST courses (for both Student Teachers and Interns)

    • Your Certification Area  You must register for
      EC-6/ESL and EC-6/Bilingual EDST 4687
      Special Education EDST 4380 AND EDST 4381
      4-8 Grade Certification Areas EDST 4680
      6-12, 7-12, 8-12 Certification Areas EDST 4681
      All-Level Certification Areas EDST 4380 AND EDST 4381
      Agriculture and F.C.S. Certification Areas Contact your department
    • When you are changing from the general EDST course to your assigned section/faculty member, follow these steps:

      1. Before you start, make sure you know the correct EDST course and section number (or CRN).
      2. Log in to Registration.
      3. Select "Drop before census date" on currently registered course. DO NOT click "Submit Changes" yet!
      4. Enter new CRN(s) in the add box(es) at the bottom of the page.
      5. Click “Submit Changes.” This should swap the courses within your registration window.
      6. If you get an Error Message, take screenshot and submit it to the Office of Educator Preparation.
    • If you experience a registration Error, take a screenshot of the Error Message and submit it to the Office of Educator Preparation.

IMPORTANT: Student Teaching (or Internship) is 6 credit hours of coursework. Please note that 6 credit hours is considered part-time enrollment. To understand how your Cost of Attendance (COA) will be adjusted, review the Financial Aid and Scholarships COA presentation. If you have Veterans benefits, visit the Office of Veterans Affairs website for the appropriate form and email it to the Office of Educator Preparation.