Step 6: Register for Student Teaching Courses
Step 6: Register for Clinical Teaching Courses (EDST)
Your Certification Area You must register for EC-6/ESL and EC-6/Bilingual EDST 4687 Special Education EDST 4380 AND EDST 4381 4-8 Grade Certification Areas EDST 4680 6-12, 7-12, 8-12 Certification Areas EDST 4681 All-Level Certification Areas EDST 4380 AND EDST 4381
When you are changing from the general EDST course to your assigned section/faculty member, follow these steps:
- Before you start, make sure you know the correct EDST course and section number (or CRN).
- Log in to Registration.
- Select "Drop before census date" on currently registered course. DO NOT click "Submit Changes" yet!
- Enter new CRN(s) in the add box(es) at the bottom of the page.
- Click “Submit Changes.” This should swap the courses within your registration window.
- If you get an Error Message, take screenshot and submit it to the Office of Educator Preparation.
If you experience a registration Error, take a screenshot of the Error Message and submit it to the Office of Educator Preparation.
IMPORTANT: Student Teaching (or Internship) is 6 credit hours of coursework. Please note that 6 credit hours is considered part-time enrollment. To understand how your Cost of Attendance (COA) will be adjusted, review the Financial Aid and Scholarships COA presentation. If you have Veterans benefits, visit the Office of Veterans Affairs website for the appropriate form and email it to the Office of Educator Preparation.
Steps for Clinical Teaching
- Step 1: Review Eligibility
- Step 2: Review Student Teaching Costs
- Step 3: Review Timeline
- Step 4: Choose District Preferences
- Step 5: Apply for Student Teaching
- Step 6: Register for Student Teaching Courses
- Step 7: Obtain Liability Insurance
- Step 8: Read the Handbook and Syllabus
- Step 9: Attend Mandatory Events
- Internship Option