Graduate Degree Programs
Whether you've already begun your journey down a path that you're passionate about or you're looking for a career change, Texas State's College of Education has the graduate program that will help you get to the next step!
- Bilingual/Bicultural Elementary Education M.A | M.Ed.
- Educational Leadership M.Ed. | M.A.
- Educational Technology M.Ed.
- Elementary Education M.A. | M.Ed.
- Elementary Education with Early Childhood emphasis M.A. | M.Ed.
- Reading Education M.A. | M.Ed.
- School Counseling M.A.
- School Improvement Ph.D.
- School Psychology S.S.P.
- Secondary Education M.A. | M.Ed.
- Special Education M.Ed. | with teacher certification: CASE
- Talent Development M.A. | M.Ed.
- The Teacher Recruitment Program (TRP) provides an accelerated pathway for individuals who already hold a baccalaureate degree and are seeking initial teacher certification.
- Students who wish to earn Texas teacher certification while working towards a master's degree may pursue the Certification with a Master of Education degree (CMED) program.
- The Stand-Alone Teacher Certification Plan is for those not seeking a graduate degree and is conducted through the Office of Educator Preparation.
Not sure which path is right for you? Take a look at the Three Paths to Teacher Certification.
- The M.Ed. in Secondary Education with Teacher Certification is designed for students who are seeking a master's degree with a teaching certification.
- The M.Ed. in Secondary Education (Educational Technology Concentration) is designed for students seeking a master's degree, a teaching certificate, and professional development to become a campus-level technology specialist.
- The Career Alternatives in Special Education (CASE) program provides individuals with undergraduate degrees the opportunity to become certified in special education teaching while completing a master's degree in Special Education.